Thursday, May 31, 2012

Up to Vienna

Today was basically a travel day, with the highlights being a non cold cut breakfast, spending some time in Zagreb, and a culturally enriching train ride. I have been going through lots of pretty countryside, but also some absolutely dilapidated areas in primarily Hungary. However, even in Zagreb, there were areas that downright devastated and poverty stricken. The pictures below show a beautiful park in Zagreb. I have had a number of boarder crossings and passport checks, although none as exciting as yesterday in Slovenia. At every crossing, all of the other passengers file off as well as the crew. Then, a new engine attached to the train and a new crew comes on board. Basically I have had the train to myself.

I am really loving and appreciating every day of this trip. I think I could keep going and going if it weren't for so many loved ones back home!

Tomorrow is going to be one of my most ambitious days of the trip, as I have decided to squeeze in as much as possible. Since this will be posted at the same time as my post from yesterday, make sure you scroll down and check out my trip to Croatia's Plitvice Falls National Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment