Well, the time has come for mom and Andrew to go back home. I am very sad to see them go. If there is one thing I haven't written about enough, it is how lucky, blessed, privileged, and thankful I am for the three of us to have this experience. It is something we will always remember and cherish. We are all very grateful...
I am going to keep this quick, as it is late! We had another incredible day, starting with a challenging hike in Gimmelwald. The Swiss air force was running training missions overhead, which made things interesting. We hated to leave, but arriving in Luzern has been a phenomenal consolation. The three of us agree that this is one of the most charming cities we have ever been to, and it is romantic in every way. It is a beautiful medieval city with incredible architecture, a fast flowing river, old fashioned bridges, picturesque shops and restaurants, lovely flowers, a glacier fed lake, and the alps overlooking it all.
After a nice relaxing stroll around the old town, we found a free concert in a beautiful Jesuit church. The music was top notch, and the church provided a fantastic setting. We just sat and reflected on how fortunate we were to spend the past two weeks traveling together. After the concert, the choir sang Vespers, which was a soothing way to end the evening.
Here are a few shots from today--both Gimmelwald and Luzern! Liechtenstein and Strasbourg, France tomorrow!




No comments:
Post a Comment